This has to be completed and submitted every two months. You will need to log into your e-filing account with SARS and complete the white boxes where applicable, the grey boxes are calculated automatically for you.
Trading Name is the name of the company that you have registered for VAT
These are the details of the person completing the form
Voluntary Disclosure Programme:
Place an X in the Y box if you have a VDP with SARS, otherwise place an X in the N box
Tax Practitioner Details:
Only applicable if the form is completed by your tax practitioner
Click on “I declare that the information given on this form is complete and correct” and fill out the date (year/month/day)
Calculation of Output Tax and Imported Services:
(Tax on products and services supplied by you.)
Standard rate (excluding capital goods and/or services and accommodation)
- All goods and services are standard rated (currently 15%) unless specifically zero-rated, exempt or qualifying as non-supplies. For example; electricity, water, telephone, vehicle repairs, hotel accommodation, meat.
Standard rate (only capital goods and/or services)
- The VAT inclusive amount of goods and/or services supplied by you at the standard rate, only capital goods and/or services. Such as; land, building, plant, machinery.
Zero rate (excluding goods exported)
- Zero rated supplies are taxable supplies, taxed at 0%. Examples of zero-rated supplies are; brown bread, maize meal, milk, pilchards, fuel.
Zero rate (only exported goods)
- The amount of goods supplied by you at zero rate, which has been exported from the Republic of South Africa.
Exempt and non-supplies
- The following are examples of exempt supplies; financial services, donated goods, residential accommodation.
Supply of accommodation:
Exceeding 28 days
- The VAT exclusive amount of commercial accommodation supplied exceeding 28 days
Value not exceeding 28 days
- The VAT exclusive amount of accommodation supplied not exceeding 28 days
Change in use and export of second-hand goods
- VAT inclusive amount paid for goods and/or services as taxable supplies, but then used as private or exempt use.
Other imported services
- Only VAT payable on specific items, such as: debit notes issued, credit notes received, barter transactions.
Calculation of Input Tax:
(Capital goods and/or services supplied to you.)
- The permissible VAT amount of capital goods and/or services supplied to you. A valid tax invoice must be held by you. Examples include; office equipment, furniture, land, trucks.
Capital goods imported by you
- The permissible VAT amount of capital goods imported by you, a valid release document issued by Customs must be held
Other goods and/or services supplied to you (not capital goods)
- The permissible VAT amount of other goods and/or services supplied to you (not capital goods). For example, rent, repairs, cleaning materials, stationery.
Other goods imported by you (not capital goods)
- The permissible VAT amount of other goods imported by you (not capital goods). Such as trading stock.
Change in use
- The VAT amount of goods and/or services previously applied for non-taxable purposes and now applied for taxable supplies.
- Fill in only the VAT amount in respect of irrecoverable debts on which VAT was levied during the sale.
- Such as: credit notes issued, debit notes received, VAT adjustments in respect of change in accounting policies.
You may authorise for a Debit Order or you may make a payment, the payment reference number is automatically generated for you.
For much more detailed information you can refer to the following pdf document: