- A business partner does not guarantee success.
- If you require additional management skills or start-up capital, engaging a partner may be your best decision.
- Personality and character, as well as the ability to give technical or financial assistance, determine the ultimate success of a partnership.
- A successful collaboration usually occurs when partners complement each other so that one's weakness is another's strength.
- If you decide a partner is a good idea, make certain each of you has a clear, written understanding of your responsibilities, rights as well as an exit strategy.